In our city tour for “Eindhoven in art”, our local host and artist Lex Grote shows us the not well-known art hotspots of Eindhoven region. According to Lex: “ Pennings Foundation first opened in 1979 and is the oldest platform in the Netherlands specialized in photography. In 2018 they moved from a first floor place to the ground floor next door to where they have a beautiful exhibition space of 700 m2! Pennings Foundation has broadened its scope and is growing into a national platform for photography, video art and new media art.”
Petra Cardinaal took over in 2006 and continued the exhibitions, performances, artist talks, lectures, workshops, courses, meetings, portfolio reviews and an annual photobook fair in March. “We like to develop projects with various cultural partners. In October, during Dutch Design Week we host an exhibition of international designers.
Visit our international library of photo books which will be extended soon with a private collection of 5.500 photo books about Dutch photography!
The exhibitions are open to all, the admittance is free. For lectures and other activities, please have a look at the website and register. For our agenda:
- Exhibition of photos by Maarten van der Put, Now and Then. Maarten van der Put is choreographer of United Cowboys. Performances in the weekends. Until February 9, 2020.
- Talent Wall #3: photos by Fieke van Berkom. Projects of alternative systems in our society and also art works. Until March 22, 2020.
- Artist Talk of photographer Paulien Oltheten. She explores what is common and extraordinary about human behavior in public spaces. February 13, 2020.
- Exhibition of photos by Willem Popelier, Ephemeral photographs. With his new project Ephemeral Photographs, Willem Popelier investigates photography as a volatile medium. February 15, 2020 – March 21, 2020
- Portfolio Reviews. March 21, 2020
- Photobook Fair. March 22, 2020
- Exhibitions of video installations by Martin and Inge Riebeek, All the World is a Stage. A selection of 10 years of street interviews, named The Essential. March 28, 2020 – May 10, 2020.
- Exhibition by J&B, Eindhoven, Work in Progress. After Rotterdam, Amsterdam and Dordrecht, the Rotterdam artist duo J&B will now realize a project in Eindhoven. The theme is the influence of technology and automation on our labor market and society. March 28, 2020 – May 3, 2020 |
Pennings Foundation is located in Eindhoven’s city centre, Geldropseweg 63, a five-minute walk from the Van Abbemuseum. Open from Wednesday to Saturday, from 12:00 to 17:00.
Come and visit us: you are most welcome!